Friday, September 6, 2013

September 5th 2013 - No Gi

Greg announced some additional classes starting in a few weeks.  Tuesdays at noon and Fridays at 6 am.  It conflicts a little with my current training but I'll work it out, I may have to switch to Monday/Wednesday.  It will be a great to get a few extra classes in per week.

Warm-up seemed a little tougher than usual for me.  I think it may be due to my sleep lacking a little lately.  I've also been trying to hit the YMCA a little more.  Yesterday I swam and today I rode the stationary bike.  I have made a goal to improve my leg strength and flexibility.  Namely being able to complete one legged body weight squats.  Plus I want to prepare myself a little more for the extra classes.

After the floor exercises we did some takedown fit-ins.  Next we sparred for the takedown.  Adam must have been playing with me, because I kind of felt like I was doing well against him to a certain extent.  However, he took me down several times.  I also worked with Henry which was also a good bout.  It seemed like he was working on a really low ankle pick, which he tried a couple times.

Greg had us work on attaining backmount from a seat belt grip when they turn away in side control.  From there we tightened up to their back and stepped the leg over and then rolled them into backmount.  Next we dealt with their attempted pin the leg escape by using our butterfly hook to kick our self back to the starting position.  If they went to the underhook side then we would flatten out to the stomach and sit up into backmount.  All finishing with getting the choke.

We free rolled after that.  Robert was preparing for a fight so whoever went against him started in his guard and he attempted to get to a top position or get back to standing.  I also rolled with Adam and Jordan.  It was a great training session.

I've been thinking about restructuring my blog a bit.  I feel like I am maybe writing too much or being repetitive.  I may switch to sections like "Class Theme", "Rolled With", etc.  Please send me feedback of what you'd like to see more or less of from the blog.  Have they been too long?  Are some parts uninteresting or boring?  Does it sometimes sound like I go on and on like "and then I did this, and then we did that, finally we did this other thing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment