Thursday, September 26, 2013

September 26th 2013 - No Gi (In a Haze)

Theme: Takedowns, Drilling, Conditioning

Tonight was not one of my finest moments.  I woke up this morning with a head cold and a little bit of a sore throat.  I felt better throughout the day and thought that I might be okay to attend class. 

We did 10 fit-ins for double legs, single legs, and then our choice from a collar tie.  After that we did fought for the takedown.  My wrestling is poor compared to everyone else in attendance and not to mention my feeling of weakness from my head cold.  It was pretty frustrating, but it's all the more reason to keep working on it. 

Greg had us pick what we wanted to drill and had us go to it for 7 minutes.  Adam chose the half guard sweep we did the other day and I chose the leg drag again.  I was having a little more success on my right side than the other but finally figured out that I was putting the incorrect knee down.

Rolling:

During free rolling I tried my best not to over exert myself.  I was able to do that with everyone except Henry.  I gassed out after dominating for a little while, but my body decided I was done once he mounted me.  I should have just defended like I had done with everyone else but maybe this was a little ego coming out.  I felt pretty good just defending with everyone else.  I kept my arms in tight and threatened half guard when I could.  I spent most of the time in side control.  Greg had everyone start out in side control so I did play a little offense, but it never lasted very long.  Man, I need to learn how to do that.

I've decided not to make the trek into class tomorrow morning and get some rest.

WHOYA: September 26th 2012 - Morning Open

Sounds like it was a pretty good session for me.  I was able to pull off some decent techniques and transitions against Ken and James who have more experience than me.  I make mention of not being able to wait until I was completely healed.  If only I had known that I would require surgery.  But it goes to show that I was still improving at least a little bit at a time while injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment