Friday, January 17, 2014

January 17th 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Scissor Sweep, Cross Collar Choke, Farside Armbar, Breaking Armbar Grip

Had an easy morning.  My fingers were a little sore from rolling with Mike the night before, so I may consider taping them at the tournament.  I worked with Bearded Josh all morning.  Didn't have any huge epiphanies today, but the cross collar choke felt tighter than usual.  I could tell Josh was a little frustrated with the choke.  There is something different about collar chokes than other submissions.  It seems like it takes some time to understand them and then they eventually click.  I worked on the stutter step that Greg showed me the other day for the farside armbar and that's getting a little better so my foot doesn't end up in the armpit anymore.

Josh had to take off for work and Greg and I talked a little more.  He assured me that I should be fine in the tournament, which this and class last night helped.  As I haven't felt as nervous today as I did yesterday.  We didn't roll, but we did discuss some politics while cleaning the mats up.


No comments:

Post a Comment