Sunday, January 26, 2014

January 26th 2014 - Open Mat

Had a good hard day of rolling.  It was a little tough to keep up with my "Sense of Urgency mantra.  I realize now that I have been training pretty lazy lately.  This is already showing signs of difficulty but it will be worth it.  Someone on one of the podcasts I listen to said something to the effect of "if you're not always moving then you're not attacking."  I've been trying to reconcile that with my game.  I participated in some wars today, although I don't remember a lot of it.  I'll just summarize some of the people I worked with.

Jerad: He controlled me pretty well from mount and ended up triangling once from there and once from guard.  The only good thing I did was pass his guard and knee him in the head (accident). 

Mike: We battled for quite a while and it seemed like he was huffing and puffing as much as I was.  I spent some time on top in north/south and attempted to take his back for a little bit.  I thought I was ahead of the game until I fell into his loop choke and that was it. 

John: He did a lot better than the last time I rolled with him.  I had a little trouble passing his guard at first.  I got him stuck in side control for a while and afterwards we went over the underhook tripod escape.


Conan: Conan allowed me to take side control from the beginning.  He said later on that I had him defending and if I would have kept it up I probably wouldn't have lost control of him and gotten swept. 

Will: Will and I rolled non-stop for probably 20 minutes.  It was great exercise in pacing and not giving up.  We both had our moments on top and bottom

Jordan: I didn't roll with Jordan but I went over some of my tips for the north/south choke.  He seemed to get it in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment