Friday, January 24, 2014

January 24th 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Hip Throw, Armbar from Guard, Pendulum Sweep, Cross Collar Choke

Thankfully, Air Force Brian and Ross showed up this morning.  Apparently Greg had been keeping with a theme this week of armbar and other appropriate techniques from the guard.  While drilling the armbar and pendulum sweep, Greg pointed out a couple things that I was doing incorrectly.  It's a tough pill to swallow being the senior person in class and having the illusion that I'm good at the techniques we were practicing.  So, I made the corrections as best I could. 

My cross choke is definitely getting better.  Greg talks about it being a technique he had a lot of trouble with until something finally clicked.  I'm not sure how to describe what made it click except now I just think about pulling my chest to my opponent while twisting my wrists. 

Rolling: Free Rolling (3 x 5 min rnds)

Rolling got increasingly more difficult as my partners changed.  Ross is strong and doing very well at picking things up, but he's still only been around for a few weeks.  I didn't take it to him like I have been, but my goal was to not give up any points.  Eventually talked him through passing my guard to side control.  Brian gave me a little more trouble than usual, while I did some good things and kept control of the roll, he kept me from submitting him.  Greg seemed to step it up a bit.  Possibly in response to the waiter sweep I hit yesterday and partly because I was a little tired from the previous night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment