Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7th 2014 - Gi

Theme & Techniques: Upa From Mount, Cross Collar Choke

Had to miss last nights class but was up and at em this morning.  We had good group of 5 with 1 new guy.  I ended up working with Darijo for the majority of the class.  For once I felt like I could tell how good the collar choke was going to be before I applied it where usually it either works or it doesn't and I wasn't sure why. 

Rolling: Mount position (4 rnds x 2 mins), Free Rolling (1 x 5 min rnds)

I worked with Darijo first from mount.  He did a pretty good job defending submissions.  I miraculously escaped Greg's mount to half guard, that doesn't happen often.  He got me back a little later with one of my moves by going to deep half and completing a waiter sweep.  I free rolled with Ross to finish out the class.  My main objective was to complete butterfly sweeps.  I had to work a little bit but I was able to complete a few. I setup a farside armbar and I had a little trouble getting around Ross's arm but attempting a collar choke helped in the end.  Greg went over some other possibilities to deal with the arm after class.


No comments:

Post a Comment