Friday, September 25, 2015

September 25th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Defending Knee Slide
Partner: Dave, Morgan

Unfortunately I wasn't feeling well Wednesday and had some work to do, so I skipped class.

Since there were so few of us Conan wanted to work on something a little bit different for the last class of the week.  While he taught a couple techniques, it was more conceptual and more of a progression. 

First was to hide your arm under your thigh or knee.  If you don't make it there put your arm under their knee and don't let it touch the floor.  From those positions we would choose to push them forward with your knee or back based on what they do.  Finally use the stiff arm to their shoulder or opposite bicep or the outside foot to push on their shoulder or with a knee shield.  We did quite a few reps experimenting with each.

Rolling: Open Guard (4 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Morgan, Dave

I felt very relaxed while working from the bottom.  While I still "tried" to not have my guard passed, I was trusting the techniques.  I still had to go to turtle or choose an alternate way to recover but all in all a very good learning experience for the concepts covered.  From the top, both Morgan and Dave gave me a hard time passing.  Granted I was just trying to do the knee slide over and over, and the only times I really did pass were when I switched to a different one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment