Saturday, September 5, 2015

September 5th 2015 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Fuji, Jerad, David, Bhuvana, Mo
Game Plan: Uchi Mata, Hip Bump Sweep, Guard Retention

This may not be my best post since I have to type it on my phone. I'm camping in the backyard with the kids again.  Kids did great in their class. They worked on armbar from mount.

Fuji and I reviewed the Uchi Mata video and then attempted some.  I didn't feel like I was getting it but when he suggested to forget about the kick part and focus on upper body it started to come together.

Jerad said that our roll had been the funnest that he'd had in a long time. I think the guard retention and side control escape stuff that I've been working with Conan have upped my game lately.  He also said that my butterfly felt stronger.

I got stuck with David again in an armbar position unable to finish. Greg and Mike have me some ideas for the future. I definitely wasn't being technical enough and he's great at defending.

I went over posture in guard with Bhuvana since Greg had commented that she sat back too much.  We rolled some with me giving up side control from the start. She's getting tougher to escape from.

Mo surprised me a couple times. I still tried to do the rolling back take even though I knew he had a defense for it and almost got my back taken in the process.






No comments:

Post a Comment