Wednesday, December 14, 2011

December 14th - Morning open mat (Sore)

Usually I don't feel too bad after our Wednesday morning open mats, but today I feel like crap.  My whole body aches, especially my hands, forearms and shoulder.  I've got to figure out some way to take a nap during lunch today.

I got in a roll with everyone that came today and got submitted by everyone as well.  I think they were all good matches or at least I did some good things in every match.

I rolled with Robert and I felt pretty good about my movement and I even took his back for a little while.  He eventually got me with kind of a north-south choke but it was more just pressure than a choke.

I was feeling pretty confident going up against Bauer, but once I got on my back I was never able to get the upper hand.  He seemed bigger today than usual.  I was in half guard for the most part and was able to regain guard when he got into side control.  He took my back once which I was able to escape after a while.  I eventually got tired out in bottom half guard and he was able to secure my arm.

David followed. I started in guard and I did my best to make something happen.  Once he was able to pass me and put me in mount it was really hard to deal with.  The way he wraps his feet under my legs makes it difficult to move and escape.  This morning more than usual I felt claustrophobic any time someone was trying to smother me.  He eventually got me in kind of an arm triangle/smother/squeeze kind of thing.

I went with Ken last.  I tried my best to not use strength and just go with the flow, cause I was pretty tired.  There was a point when I actually passed his guard and was in side control.  I went from gift wrap to an arm triangle attempt, Ken used his flop like a fish defense and was able to get out of it.  Damn.  He eventually regained guard and then I was spent and kind of gave up. 

1 comment: