Friday, December 16, 2011

December 15th - Gi (Pain in my Neck)

It was kind of an open de la Riva workshop class yesterday.  Just myself, Conan, Ray and David.  I felt like I was getting a little better at the position, my feet, hands and hips were working together well in switching positions and trying sweeps.  The sweeps are still difficult but better than last week.  We also did a couple of back takes including one where you go between their legs upside down.

During open mat I rolled with both David and Ray.  I had a really tough time with both for obvious reasons but also because I've had a little pain in my neck and shoulder all day yesterday.  And while getting crushed in side control and cross faced, it made it a lot worse.  I even had trouble breathing and standing up straight after class.

After getting submitted by both Ray and David.  Ray and I stayed after a bit and talked about some Judo.  He gave me some food for thought about what grips I personally liked best and we talked about entries into a couple of throws.  All of this time I didn't really contemplate that you don't have to grab the sleeve and collar stand face to face like when we first learn throws.  I need to figure out where I feel most comfortable in Judo standup because straight on probably isn't my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment