Saturday, December 24, 2011

December 22nd - Gi (Unlearn)

Conan taught yesterday's class with the theme of Omoplata. 

We warmed up with some over and under hook drills then moved onto the rubber guard.  I'm still having trouble with flexibility on my right side in the rubber guard.  We did a couple other varitions as well as defenses. 

After regular class David was assisting me with my guard.  I'm trying to get rid of my goto scissor sweep when my guard is broken.  Pretty soon everyone was watching and giving me pointers.  Main things I took away from this was to work on my hand fighting more and secure my grips, put my knee under their chin if I'm going to attempt the scissor.  I also need to keep sitting up in open guard instead of laying flat.

I got submitted by Ray 3 or 4 times after that.  A couple of the times it was because of a new bad habit I've created where when I'm in side mount or half guard I put both arms on one side to try to block.  Apparently I have quite a few things to change within my game.  At least I have an idea of what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment