Wednesday, December 28, 2011

December 28th - Morning Open Mat

Just the three of us (David, Robert, myself) this morning.  We did alternating position drills with 2 minute rounds using back mount and turtle position.  I felt for the most part I was doing the right things.  Both of them are a little stronger than me and I had a tough time defending the RNC and had to tap a couple of times.  I was also able to escape a couple of times.  I didn't feel as helpless in turtle as I usually do.  Still not a good position for me but I'm starting to file away some techniques that work for me usually.

We did some 3 minute sets of straight up rolling.  Robert and I went the full three minutes without a submission which was good in spite of David coaching him.   We did a couple more matches and I'm pretty sure I got arm triangled a couple of times and learned a better way to defend it so I'll be adding that in my repertoire. 


No comments:

Post a Comment