Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 26th - Gi

David and I were worried, but quite a few people showed up to class yesterday, including a couple of visitors (Suzy and Matt) home for the holidays.  Jerad taught with the theme of mount escapes.  I don't think there was anything new for me but always good to get some reps in.  We finished the class with some partner drills from mount to trying to escape/submit.

I rolled with Robert first.  It was a decent roll with a lot of different positions.  His athleticism is something to deal with.  After repeatedly rolling with people that lift weights and do Jiu-Jitsu it makes me want to add to my workout as well.  I haven't been doing Hapkido as much lately and swimming has also fell off a little bit.  Robert eventually got me in an arm triangle.  In the process I had a huge jaw muscle cramp.  I hate when that happens.

Jared rolled with me several times next.  This time he completely dominated me.  I don't think I had a better position than half guard and he submitted me with a plethora of arm bars.  He gave me some tips and reminded me of the things I was doing better at like not settling as much into a bad position, which has been a focus of mine as of late.

It's funny how my emotions towards Jiu-Jitsu go up and down.  A couple of weeks ago I felt like I was figuring things out and doing awesome, but now I feel sluggish and like I'm telegraphing all of my techniques.  Damn you, Jiu-Jitsu.

1 comment:

  1. i would have been there but i came down with another cold. thanks,santa! i hope to be back by next week.

    ReplyDelete