Wednesday, July 10, 2013

July 9th 2013 - Gi

With Greg still on vacation Jerad taught class last night.  Business as usual with the warm-up routine and then we did some hip throws before getting into techniques.  Due to popular request we worked on the Rickson choke that is on our blue belt testing document.  I worked with new Jerad for the majority of the class and we were both getting this choke pretty well.  We worked on north/south choke next and with a few tweaks we were both getting that technique down as well. 

We talked a little more about the techniques on the testing sheet and the technique that no one was sure of was the Judo rollover from turtle.  We had a speculation technique that is probably correct

Then it got really hot as we did some guard passing up/down/out from closed guard.  I did pretty well here as I was one of the most advanced people in class.  I tried to use my cross grip to omaplata sweep as much as I could.  It didn't always present itself but when it did I was usually successful except for with Jerad who was able to put me in a inverted triangle because I wasn't hugging his leg enough.  We also free rolled a couple of 3 minute rounds and I felt overheated and wasn't able to give much.  Jerad was my partner and I felt like a rag doll.

I've been running through the rest of the blue belt requirements with my Hapkido training partners.  It's been a good review and I'm pretty happy with my skill level and my ability with those techniques.  I'm not too worried about the testing except for being compared to all of the guys that are better than me.  My main focus right now is to maintain guard and not accept getting put into bottom side mount. 

No comments:

Post a Comment