Tuesday, October 11, 2016

October 11th 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Butterfly Guard: Turning Pass, Knee Slide Pass, Guillotine
Partner: Jess (New Guy)

Great material today with all stuff I like to use. The guillotine that we did is commonly referred to as the marcelotine and it's one that I need to incorporate more into my rolling.

Rolling: Butterfly Guard
Rolled With: Jess, Greg, Ian, Jesus

Jess did pretty well for being new. Having a wrestling background helps.  Had decent rolls with Ian and Jesus. Didn't have much success with playing actual butterfly from the bottom but ended up with a lot of half guard and an occasional arm drag. Top was pretty straight forward over/under pass.

Felt pretty good about my roll against Greg came close with a couple things like hip switch pass and kimura from half guard. We were talking later and he gave me the impression that I needed to work on controlling with the kimura more.

Office Hours Partner: Frank

Frank and I rolled a few times and then went over rolling back takes and the twister side control position since I pulled off one off earlier in the roll. Seemed like I taught him something new today.

No comments:

Post a Comment