Wednesday, October 26, 2016

October 26th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Blue Belt Curriculum Page 1 and some Cross Guard
Student: Ben

Only Ben showed up today and I was so thankful to have at least one.  The real curriculum of this week included Standing Guard Break, Torreando Pass, and Koshi Guruma which we covered a little bit of during the process.  I had him do a couple reps of each techniques and then gave him a few pointers if I saw some things.  A lot of the things were pretty nit picky but I think a few of the things he said were helpful tips. 

We talked a bit about cross guard as a position and getting the omoplata.  He was skipping over the position a little bit to get to the omoplata which makes it more difficult to get the wrist into the opposite hip. 

We rolled a few times with some breaks to discuss a couple of options from positions.  He said he liked rolling this way with a little bit of instruction mixed in.  I think it has it's time and place and definitely don't want to be the guy that stops a roll for instruction because I'm going to get caught in a submission and I do my best to avoid being patronizing to anyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment