Saturday, October 15, 2016

October 15th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Craig, Tommy, Andy, Nick, Chris, Mike

Craig: We did some flow rolling before actually getting down to business as a little warm-up. I feel like his guard passing is improving since we've been working on it.

Tommy: Tommy was on his second day and he had a few people including Jerad and Nick work on some stuff with him. He had just watched his daughter do the kneeling guard break in the kids class so we worked on that mostly. Then I gave the typical shpeel about what positions are good and bad, position before submission, and posture and grips. Probably a little overwhelming.

Andy: He got me a little hung up in inverted triangle from side mount. I gave him a tip on grabbing the inside wrist to tighten it up which he seemed to appreciate.

Nick: Had quite a few rolls together. He complimented me on not making very many mistakes.  We went over the spiral armbar position as he caught me in a gogo plata armbar choke thing of a miserable submission.

Chris: I helped Chris with some guard passing and knee on belly transitioning to mount then Americana. I think this helped him put some pieces together attacking wise.  He gave me the impression that he felt like he was wasting my time. I just want to throw it out there that my time only feels wasted if the other person isn't interested in learning otherwise I'm game to roll with anyone and I think i can say the same for the purple and blue belts.

Mike: Quite a few rolls no gi style at the end of the session. He had my number today as he caught me with heel hook after heel hook. We discussed me not feeling pressure with it and maybe not tapping when I should to avoid injury. Luckily he's not looking to hurt me. The rest of the rolls consisted of guillotine and NS choke attempts with some deep half and waiter sweeps thrown in there.



No comments:

Post a Comment