Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October 19th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Technical Stand-up, Guard: Hip Bump Sweep, Kimura
Partner: Chris C

Another small Wednesday but Chris and I put the work in.  We didn't spend too much time on instruction since he was already aware of the techniques but we stopped occasionally to make small adjustments to his technique.  The big thing was getting his hips back and coming up and over my shoulder.

Rolling: Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Chris, Jerad

Before doing positional sparring we discussed standing guard break.  There was definitely a difference in the way the two of us played and maybe there is something to that.  I was more than willing to open my guard where he seemed to want to hold me in his guard tight.  Probably just a thing that happens over time but I do remember caring a lot if my guard got opened.  He did take me by surprise at one point when I attempted spider guard and he stacked me and I had to turtle and he went right in to trying to take my back.  Didn't get to follow it through as time ran out.

Had a great roll with Jerad and felt like he dominated me afterward and said as much to him.  But, I was only really thinking about the last couple minutes of the roll where I was trying to escape mount and back mount.  I did quite a few things before that in pulling off a omoplata sweep and a good attempt at a loop choke.  I should follow my own advice and celebrate the little wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment