Tuesday, October 25, 2016

October 25th 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Butterfly Guard: Arm Drag, Butterfly Sweep, Knee Tap
Partner: Jess, Phil

Greg gave his classic class on butterfly guard and it was a good refresh.  I think I understood the knee tap so much better than previously.  Mostly because I had to explain a lot of details to Phil and Jess.  I think they came away with a good understanding of the position though. 

Rolling: Butterfly Up/Down/Out & KOTM
Rolled With: John, Bhuvana, Mike, Tim, Phil, Jess,

Mike obviously gave me the most trouble today.  We got into a couple of leg locky positions and I threw up a heel hook attack from top half guard that I've been working on.

Had some other close moments with others that became a little scrambly.  I'm striving for that a little to get a little better cardio workout and I like the aspect of trying to just work and not think as much.

On my last roll with Bhuvana she complained that it would probably get over too quickly so instead of going for the pass right away I went to half guard first and then a cross face.  Purposefully trying to make her a little uncomfortable, I then tried to help talk her out of the bad spots and had her look for underhooks and stuff.  She seemed to appreciate the nature of the roll.

Office Hours Partner: Jess, Mike

Helped Jess with some basics of guard breaking to get out of closed guard without a gi. 

Rolled with Mike a few times with a couple of moments of acrobatic scrambling on Mike's part.  We went over some leg lock stuff and he helped me with some hand position stuff on the half guard heel hook.  We also discussed deep half and transitioning to tornado guard as an option to attack legs if deep half doesn't seem to be working.  I think I'll do some Youtube research on Cyborg Abreu to get some ideas.  I like what we experimented with quite a bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment