Saturday, October 8, 2016

October 8th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Ross, Henry, Kevin, Bauer, Bhuvana

Ross: Great to see him after such a long time. He did a few things that seemed new. He rolled from bottom of turtle and attempted some knee bars and we ended up in 50/50 for a bit. I felt like his hip escapes were a lot better too. Always cool to see how people progress when they train somewhere else and wonder how different their skill would be if they stayed. He did pay LBJJC a compliment and said that he likes how the upper belts are more willing to share techniques and give technique advice.

Henry: Great roll with quite a pace.  We had some back and forth a lot of it from half guard.  One thing that he does that I admire is his ability to invert to escape side control, it's very tough to deal with. I'll have to have him show me how to do it some time.

Kevin: Felt a little better about my performance with him this week but gassed out in the end. One thing I'd like to figure out is options from when I go for a belly down armbar with the shin across the neck and they hide their arm, I feel stuck when I get there lately.

Bauer: Good rolls with Bauer. Had one bit of advice for him as we started both times he kind of pushed me into closed guard, so I suggested to put a knee up to start passing right away. I also showed him my new NS choke setup. I think I'll call it the shelf setup or something like that.

Bhuvana: She requested a shorter version of the 8 minute drill since she's never done it before.  I'm pretty impressed with her defenses as I may have only submitted her once or twice during the exercise. We also worked on loop choke and arm triangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment