Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Single Leg-X: Entry from kneeling and standing, Tech Stand-up sweep, Transition to full X
Students: Frank, Chris C

I was a little worried that no one was showing up at 5 till.  Frank and Chris mosied on in and I was so happy.  After some basic floor exercise warm-ups we did some standing guard break drills and everyone's favorite 180 side control movement drills.

I decided to work on single leg x since I was pretty sure they haven't practiced it and I feel it's pretty useful. The cool thing was that both of them said they had been on the receiving end of it several times but didn't know how to do it.

Rolling: Single Leg-X, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Chris, Frank

Had them roll with each other starting from the SLX position and while they didn't do great from there I got some satisfaction seeing them get to the position without thinking about it every time.  I got some rolling in too with a focus on open guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment