Saturday, October 22, 2016

October 22nd 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Jess, Henry, Tyler, Andy, Bhuvana, Josh J
Game Plan: Bottom - Waiter Sweep, Top - Baseball Bat choke

Jess: He did pretty well today. Had some decent escapes. We rolled gi and no gi.  He'll be a handful once he figures some things out.

Tyler: Another tough roll, I don't know how he is able to maintain and attack from guard so well. There always seems to be something in the way.

Henry: We ended up in a lot of ankle lock positions. I enjoyed it quite a bit even though I didn't do well it makes me want to focus on them more. He's also doing great with kimuras lately which I will have to work with him on.

Andy: I showed him some tips from Nick on the inverted triangle that we worked on last week. The specific thing was lifting the head instead of pushing it down to setup the choke.

Bhuvana: We rolled from butterfly guard. She wanted to work on guard retention. Her big takeaway was to get collar sleeve and either collar drag or put a foot on their hip.

Josh: Man what a roll to finish the session. We went back and forth a lot and he defended so well. I tested my resolve to keep being technical and not get impatient.

No comments:

Post a Comment