Wednesday, June 20, 2012

June 20th - Morning Open

This was class 1 in a series of 3 morning classes in a row.  With the Karate convention going on this weekend Thursday and Friday Jiu-Jitsu afternoon classes are canceled.  So if you are a school member we will be meeting at 6:15 am Thursday and Friday.  We need to be off the mats and have them cleaned by 7:30.

This morning consisted of myself, Robert, Ken, and Claire.  I just set the timer for 5 minutes with 20 second rest and we went several rounds with each person.  I didn't get submitted today so I have that going for me.

We mostly started from standing and I tried to arm drag as much as possible.  I was feeling it kind of work but I just need to commit a little more.  I felt really comfortable with my deep half guard and I even took both Robert and Ken's backs at one point.  Although I wasn't able to finish from there.  Moving myself under the other person instead of trying to pull them onto me is really starting to come together for me.  I still had a hard time passing Ken's guard but I could at least get to top guard.  The over/under pass was also working well for me as long as I prevent the kimura and guillotine.  Really good workout and hopefully tomorrow is more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment