Monday, June 4, 2012

June 3rd - Private Lesson & No-Gi (Watched Worlds)

Had a private lesson with Greg yesterday morning concerning the x-guard.  It was a great session and I picked up quite a few things that I hadn't known.  I especially like that most of the techniques that we worked on can be done from both gi and no-gi.  I picked up a lot that I need to drill if I'm going to use it.

I came back an hour later for no-gi class.  Kind of a small class at first.  Ray taught us some of his deep half guard game.  It was quite interesting and I feel that I gained some knowledge from the class.  We started off with getting into the position then did a sweep and then some leg locks from there.

For open mat I rolled with Tate a couple of times.  I wasn't feeling very spry yesterday and he dominated me more than usual.  I was still able to play some of my guard game but I wasn't able to get up off the floor very much.  I believe he got me with a darce and an armbar. 

I rolled with Adam next and he destroyed me even more.  We agreed that ankle locks were okay but I never came close to getting one on him.  His knee on belly was killing me once again.  He got me with an armbar and a toe hold.

After a quick shower and taking care of some stuff at home, I headed over to Mike's place to watch the IBJJF Worlds.  It was actually more interesting and exciting than I thought it would be since I really don't know the names of most of the fighters.  There was an awful lot of open guard de las rivas type stuff which was cool to see.  There were even some flying armbars and some other fancy techniques.  It's definitely an eye opener to see these guys roll at such a high level.


No comments:

Post a Comment