Thursday, June 21, 2012

June 21st - Morning Open

In attendance this morning was David, Fuji, James, and Claire.  Fuji put on his gi so I decided to wear mine as well.

As I was loosening up Fuji decided to attack me and he pulled guard, which was actually nice of him.  I attempted to pass for a while but he eventually swept me.  From there it was the usual death by side control and knee on belly.  I don't recall but I think he submitted me with an americana.  I did much better in our second roll later.  We started from our feet and I decided to just pull guard instead of letting him launch me.  I tried some spider guard which he quickly dispatched.  I kept guard for a while and even had x-guard.  I went for the sweep but he did a good job of defending and stayed standing.  Eventually he passed my guard and I was saved by the timer from there.

David was a different story.  He actually didn't slaughter me like usual.  I was able to play my half guard and deep half game.  I never passed his guard but somehow I ended up with his back at one point.  I couldn't do anything from there though and he eventually escaped.  He got me stuck in top half guard and I tried like hell to get free but couldn't get my leg free.  I think the clock stopped us around there. Watch out David, Fuji may be taking your spot as lead nemesis. 

I rolled with James a couple of times and tried to push for the takedowns.  He didn't let me though.  However, we ended up on the ground I eventually tried butterfly guard.  I attempted a straight ankle lock but he defended well.  He had me in an arm triangle for a while and I somehow got out of it.  He finally finished me when I went to turtle and he did a pretty cool far side armbar that he demonstrated for me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment