Saturday, June 9, 2012

June 8th - Open Mat

Got there as quickly as I could after work.  Luckily Adam, Fuji, and Mike stuck around to roll with me. 
Adam was first.  It was pretty much the same as the day before.  It seems to be a fight for butterfly guard a lot of the time lately.  Again I was on the bottom mostly, but I moved quite a bit more.  He eventually finished me with a Kimura.
Fuji and I started from standing where I did not fare so well.  We rolled 3 or 4 times and while I did better than Monday night I really didn't make anything happen and got crushed quickly. 

Mike and I had a bit of a leg lock battle after he got a quick guillotine while I was standing.  I think I did a good job defending most of the leg locks but he still got me.  He also got an armbar that was very smooth as I tried to escape an inverted triangle.  Mike probably thinks that I get pretty annoyed with him.  Which is true to an extent when Fuji has me in knee on belly and he's trying to tell me to cup his knee and walk out of it.  He can also be a little harsh when teaching something new or critiqing, but at the same time he's been the source for a lot of my improvement lately.  So, Mike while it may seem like I'm pissed at you some times you are helping me out quite a bit and I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment