Friday, June 8, 2012

June 7th - Gi (It's Gettin Hot In Here)

It was a hot one yesterday.  It never helps that on Thursdays my gi sits in my car all day while I'm at work.  I believe I started sweating while getting changed.  Nonetheless, It was a pretty productive class.  Mike and I drilled the butterfly guard sweep and made some tweaks to it here and there. 

Conan's theme for class was the lockdown from half guard to whip up and then various sweeps from there.  All in all we only really worked on a few techniques which was nice.  I didn't have too much trouble with it as half guard has been my focus lately. 

During open mat I rolled with Steven first.  We rolled 3 or 4 times.  I got him with the north/south choke twice so I showed him what I was doing and some ways to prevent the technique.  He actually almost got me in a triangle but I must have gave him the impression that he wasn't going to finish it because he gave up on it.

Adam and I had a really tough roll next.  I really felt mobile and stronger than usual.  I quickly switched between butterfly guard to half guard to making space back to full guard.  I had a couple of sweeps and I was even in the spider guard for a while.  Alas I couldn't keep the pace up and eventually he had me stuck in north/south.  I ended up tapping from exhaustion and feeling overheated.  It's going to be a hot summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment