Thursday, October 10, 2013

October 10th 2013 - No Gi

Theme: Passing the Half Guard

Small class tonight, it was only Mike, Adam, and I.  Still got our work in.  We went through a couple ways to complete the knee cut pass.  The only submission we worked on was pretty interesting.  It was a kimura that was setup from locked down half guard by controlling an arm, stepping over their head, locking it up and then rolling.  It was pretty slick.  Finally we worked on a Conan special that he like to use against Ray and Adam, so you know I was paying attention.  We would use our head under their chin and move down their body kind of sprawling on them until they released their half guard. 

Rolling: Sweep/Submit/Pass Half Guard, Free Rolling

Was pretty dominated today.  Got smashed by Adam and ran all over by Mike.  I tried my best to be mobile and go with the flow, but it became quite a struggle once I was put into side control.  The part where I would lose the most ground was when they stood up in my guard and backed away.  Mike told me later that I need to be getting up at those moments instead of laying on my back.  He suggested the I work on the one legged X more and I think that's where I'm going to put some focus.


No comments:

Post a Comment