Friday, October 18, 2013

October 18th 2013 - Gi (All to Myself)

Theme: Drilling

I was the only one to show up this morning, allowing me to receive some awesome private instruction.  Greg and I each did 6 or 7 minute drilling of a technique of our choosing.  My choices were the omaplata from cross guard and the waiter sweep from the previous night.  One key discovery from the omaplata was when switching my grip from under their leg to around their waist I learned to time my kickout and situp and then the transition a whole lot better.  I feel so much more confident in the waiter sweep after today.  Some finer points were grabbing their wrist or sleeve after underhooking the leg.  Then the use of the pendulum sweep motion to get them over.  Finally the hip switching to at least get half guard and not expecting to go directly to side mount.


Rolling: Free Rolling

Greg put a back take clinic on me.  I don't think I ever had any real type of guard at any point.  Every time I came close he would start a knee slide pass.  From there he worked me into gift wrap and took my back.  I was only able to escape back mount once, but I escaped into mount and he just turned it into back mount again soon after.  I defended as best as I could but at such a disadvantage it's only a matter of time.  Many RNCs were had.

No comments:

Post a Comment