Friday, October 4, 2013

October 4th 2013 - Gi

Theme and Techniques: Hip Throw, Mount, Upa escape, paint brush, arm bar

Not too bad getting up this morning, I was a little sluggish but made it on time.  Robert and Jorge showed up as well.  We started out with the trap trap go upa into guard.  We took turns rolling each other over and then the next person jumped into mount.  We practiced the americana followed by an armbar we setup from the americana defense.  Should americana be capitalized?  I never know.

Rolling: Mount and Free

Greg joined us and we did 2 minute rounds on mount escapes.  I did a good job preventing submissions from him, but he eventually got me with an armbar.  Jorge wasn't as difficult to deal with, but he's doing pretty well for a beginner.

I rolled with Robert first and felt like I was doing some good things.  My lungs are still not completely healed from being sick and the congestion caught up to me.  I tapped just from being in kesa getamai and not an actual submission.  That's the second time that has happened lately.  After that I had a coughing fit.  I rolled with Jorge as well.  He decided to play guard so I passed it, but he did a good job preventing submissions.  I just stayed tight to his hip and kept pressure until I could get a head and arm triangle.  He's pretty difficult to submit for a new guy.

All in all, it was worth as usual to show up to class.  I think I'm going to have to pay a little more attention to my hydration and what I eat between the evening and morning class.  Plus I can't wait until my cardio comes back and this congestion goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment