Friday, July 17, 2015

July 17th 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: O-Soto Gari, Half Guard Knee Slide Pass, Granby Roll from Turtle
Students: Bhuvana, Zack, Dave

I thought since it was a small all levels class I would interject a few of the advanced floor exercises.  We did butterfly guard walk, side rolls, and homer simpsons.  Everyone was able to do them as well as expected for their first time. 

Class after that went as usual, I did my best to teach the techniques as Greg does adding in a few things that I've found helpful for myself.  I showed the tripod pass last using the "taking off the skinny jeans" phrase to free the knee. 

Rolling: Half Guard (2 x 2 min), Turtle (2 x 2 min)
Rolled With: Bhuvana, Dave

I attempted the shaolin sweep a few times and succeeded, great feeling to complete something new that I've been working on.  We took a quick break to go over regaining the underhook from half guard using the bridge over the shoulder movement.  After denying Dave the granby roll a few times I helped him roll under himself a little more and keep his outside leg out of reach. 

Office Hours Partner: Zack

We went over the shaolin sweep a few times and then did some positional rolling from half guard.  We discussed games and adjusting them for certain people.  It was an interesting conversation and it appears that we have some differences in our way of thinking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment