Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 22nd 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Head Lock Escape to Armbar, Turtle Turnover to Side Mount & Back Mount
Partner: Jordan

Only had a few tips for Jordan today. 
  • Emphasis on pulling the shoulder back when escaping the headlock
  • If you're pulling to side control it's better to let go of the sleeve on the second pull.
  • When getting the bottom hook in just roll them a little bit to point your knee at like 45 degrees.  So when you go to put your hook in they almost fall back down to the floor on the correct side. 

Rolling: Turtle Position (6 x 2 min), Free Rolling (2 x 4 min)
Rolled With: Jordan, Ben, Austin, Will, Ross

It felt pretty hot during rolling and I had a tough time with cardio.  I attempted a granby with everyone I rolled in turtle with at least once.  I'm way more successful if I attempt it right at the beginning.  I did feel in danger a couple times and had to bide my time until I could find a reasonable escape.  From the top I attempted to get my hook in for the rolling back take.  I came close a couple times but never committed to a roll. 

During free rolling Will and I pretty much stalemated.  I started down in guard and eventually went to full guard.  He kept a good base and attacking grips and I had a few attempts at sweeps and a kimura but no position changes occurred.  Ross and I had a good roll as well.  I was a little more cautious since he rolled so well the other day. 

Office Hours Partner: Ross

He worked on the granby with rolling under himself.  We rolled a little bit no-gi and ended up in a mounted guillotine.  We talked about that for a bit and how tightening up half guard from the bottom can make it worse.  We went over the darce a little while as an option from top half.  No training tomorrow, ending a 9 day streak of training everyday. 



No comments:

Post a Comment