Friday, July 3, 2015

July 3rd 2015 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Standing Guard Break, Torreando Pass
Students: Conan, Emily, Josh, Dave, Morgan, Austin

My feet are still bugging me so I made an appointment with the doctor for next Tuesday to hopefully get my medication figured out.  Regardless I was able to do everything today without any noticeable pain.

I was assuming Conan was going to take the reins, but he said it was my class since I was scheduled.  Everyone seemed to do well with the techniques besides little hints here and there.  One thing that was important to get across was a proper knee on belly for everyone.  Many were putting their knee down or were on their toes when the non-knee on belly leg should be straight with the foot turned sideways so it's flat on the floor.  Posture is very important as well. 

Rolling: Guard Up/Down/Out, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Conan, Emily, Josh, Dave, Morgan, Austin

I had quite a bit of fun with up/down/out, it's been a while since I've done it.  I did some pretty good things including a sickle sweep that I setup off of a standing guard break.  I tried to keep an eye on Emily as she's pretty new, but everyone treated her well from what I saw.  I didn't participate in the free rolling but did some coaching when needed.

Office Hours Partner: Josh

We went over the hip bump sweep and why it wasn't working for him.  I pretty much said it was about timing.  We also went over some attacks from side mount when they turn away.



No comments:

Post a Comment