Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March 2nd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Basic Open Guard Maintaining Position, Sweep, & Triangle
Partner: Ben

Good class by Mike today.  We did some grip fighting and stand up sparring which really got me warmed up.  I'm glad Chris was there as he was able to to take me down a couple times and it reminds me how much I need to work on it. 

Gave Ben pointers on the triangle from open guard as I feel like we're similar body types and I finally feel like I'm having a little success with the triangle.  The main focus being on lifting the hips high and raising the knee as high as you can.  This helps get the shin or lower leg at a better angle to lock up the triangle. 

Rolling: Open Guard (4 x 2 min), Free Rolling (5 min)
Rolled With: Chris, Ben, Morgan

I'm really enjoying having Chris around because I feel like he's strong where I'm not, wrestling obviously.  He's always tough to pin down so I have to be extra tight with my game.  We had an awesome fight when I went for an omoplata and went back and forth between him stacking me and me getting the correct angle.  It was pretty fun.

Office Hours Partner: Ben

We went over the knee over pass as it came up during drilling and he was unfamiliar with it.  He seemed to like it and thought it could fit into his game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment