Tuesday, January 5, 2016

January 5th 2015 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing Guard Break to Knee Over Pass
Partner: Ben

To make up for the lack of sleeves we grabbed one wrist with both hands to facilitate our stand-up.  From there we pushed the knee down and then stapled over the top of it.  Finally we got the underhook and crossface and windshield wipered our feet to pass to side control.  I asked what the downsides to doing the back step were as opposed to this and he showed that there were opportunities for the bottom guy to use the space that is created. 

Rolling: Free Rolling (6 x 5 min)
Rolled With: Ben, Harvey, Greg, Mike A, Jordan, Dwight

Rolling went pretty well besides my rolls with Mike.  I'm feeling good about my over/under pass in no-gi.  I'm modifying it a bit without the pant grips to use more hips and turning pressure.  I had some back takes from armdrags.  I even finished a triangle which rarely happens.

Mike destroyed me today.  It's been a while since he dominated me so much.  Boom, armdrag to back take with RNC already sunk in, boom, stepped around me and took my back for another RNC.  boom, shin on shin to single leg-x to heel hook.  It was quite demoralizing.  Probably the most interesting thing I did was when I was in side control at one point I saw the opportunity for the funk roll so I grabbed his leg and pulled it over my head and everything was going right until I couldn't move any more and didn't know what to do.  He turned that into a crucifix and then a back take.  Ugh, but I think I know what I did wrong with the funk, I need to switch arms and turn around into him.

Greg was a lot nicer to me than Mike.  I never felt like I had the upper hand which is normal, but I at least felt like I could move a bit.  There was a point when I went to turtle to escape but he had my calf stapled so when I attempted to roll for knee bar or granby he moved right into leg drag position. 



No comments:

Post a Comment