Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 13th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing Head Lock Escape Valley Drop, Kneeling Guard Break, Single Under Pass, Over/Under Pass
Students: Mike A, Frank, Jordan, Byrav

Had a good time teaching today.  Added some grip fighting and throw fit ins to the warm-up and then got into techniques.  I felt like we breezed through the techniques today so I decided to teach the over/under pass.  By the end everyone understood it pretty well and I saw a few attempts at it in sparring. 

Rolling: Guard Position, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jordan, Byrav

I sat out of rolling the first couple rounds and was able to jump in at the end.  I played it a little different with Byrav because he was being a little too passive with me.  So I tried to talk him into executing techniques.  For instance I had him in the bottom of side control, I would say something like, "okay how do you get out of this?"  Then he would attempt the side control escape I'd give him just enough resistance to make it difficult then have him try it again until he could escape.  Hopefully this helped.

Jordan's doing a pretty well at maintaining guard and passing guard.  I had to turtle up at one point to prevent being passed and he almost took my back.  Mike pointed out a couple things he needed to work on when trying to escape side control and getting caught in north/south.  We also talked about defending north/south choke as well.  That being said, I felt pretty good about my switching sides when someone turns in to escape side control.






No comments:

Post a Comment