Tuesday, April 19, 2016

April 19th 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Front HeadLock: Regain Guard, Spin To Behind, Anaconda, Arm in Guillotine
Partner: Ben

We repeated last week's class which was fine with me as I need to work on this position a little more.  There was an addition with the arm in guillotine which is probably not the right name because the hands connect closer to the armpit and it's more like an arm triangle.  This is the first time I've seen this technique.  Very cool! 

Rolling: Headlock Position, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Ben, Mike, Tom

My main objective from the bottom of the headlock position was to complete a set out.  I attempted it several times and finally hit one.  What I was having the most trouble with was not being able to get my head to the side and behind my partners armpit, then it finally worked and it was smooth. From the top I was not able to setup the anaconda but would usually end up in side control. 

Had some great rolls with Mike but they felt a little repetitive.  We keep ending up in inverted half guard with him going for a knee bar.  Sometimes he gets it, sometimes I escape.  We had some other exchanges with guillotines and 50/50 position.  I feel like I'm scratching the surface with understanding leg lock positions but I still have a long way to go.

Office Hours Partner: Mike

We talked about some deep half guard stuff and he pointed out that I needed to rock back more when setting up the waiter sweep so they go onto their hands.  Practicing it a couple times helped, I'll have to look into it more and probably watch Ryan Hall explain it several times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment