Thursday, April 21, 2016

April 21st 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Double Leg Takedown, Mount Upa Escape & Cross Collar Choke
Partner: Jesus

Good sized class today compared to the other day classes this week.  Had a good time working with Jesus, he's got a great attitude!  This may have been his first time doing a double leg so I took some time explaining the penetration step and let him take some of my reps.  By the end he was getting it a little better and it helped yesterday's post hit home for me with how far I've come with this technique.  Just trying to pass on the knowledge.

Rolling: Mount Position, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jesus, Derek, Jordan

During rolling with Jesus I went over a little bit of what he wanted to accomplish in mount, from high mount to technical mount, and isolating an arm etc.

Had a good roll with Jordan like always.  He's getting a lot tougher to pass and keep from passing. 

Rolling with Derek has been a good experience as well.  At first when he showed up I was a little nervous about losing to him because of how big he was and his wrestling experience.  I know this is the wrong way of thinking and it's ego driven.  I think on our first roll together it kept me from really trying anything for the fear of failure but since then I've loosened up a bit and accepted that the only way I'm going to improve is to allow myself to try and make mistakes and then learn from them.  If I just play to not lose, it may work but I probably won't get much training out of it.  Today when I ended up on the bottom I worked hard to maintain distance and use my legs more in the process. 




No comments:

Post a Comment