Friday, April 1, 2016

April 1st 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing RNC defense using Seoi nage, Farside Armbar from Side Control
Students: Craig, Morgan, Jesus

Small class today and I felt a little guilty not being able to participate in all of the warm-ups.  I feel better today but getting up and down still causes some discomfort.  I think it bothers me the most because I like to participate in the classes that I teach and don't always feel like I'm a part of the class if I just hang back and tell everyone what to do. 

Techniques went well today.  I also fit in some time to cover breaking the hands for the armbar with a couple variations.  I always say that Greg can make a full class out of this topic.  The main thing I wanted to get across was how important it is to use leverage and angles here and shouldn't take that much strength.

Rolling: Side Control (2 x 2 min), Guard (4 x 2 min), Free Rolling (2 x 5 min)
Rolled With: Everyone

Rolling went well as I did the same as yesterday with nursing my injury. Morgan and I rolled after class and then discussed a few things about knee on belly, transitioning to mount, and taking the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment