Tuesday, November 15, 2016

November 15th 2016 - No Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Front Headlock Position: Sit out, Arm in Guillotine
Partner: Bhuvana

Not my favorite position from top or bottom, but it's always good to work on things that I'm not the most versed in.  This position happens a lot more when working with takedowns and wrestling so it's understandable why I haven't had as much experience with it.  When sparring I usually protect my neck and then wait for my opportunity to get back to guard or sit out. 

The guillotine version that we did was a little difficult for me to control their inside arm.  I think I saw Greg grabbing both his hand and triceps when demonstrating the technique.   

Rolling: Front Headlock Position
Rolled With: Bhuvana, Mike, Bob, Ian, Jess

Great training with every roll being from head lock position.  From the bottom I was able to prevent being choked but was caught in an ankle lock by Mike after a pretty dynamic scramble.  From the top I had the most success with controlling their chin and setting up the Marcelo Guillotine.  Mike gave me some good advice to push down on their head as you are changing hand positions.

Office Hours Partner: Jess

We had quite a few rolls after class.  He's a good partner for me for when I get into a wrestling type position if I'm not tight enough he can get the upper hand positionally but I'm then able to recover and try again.  I went for crucifixes a few times today but not much came out of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment