Sunday, November 6, 2016

November 5th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Andy, Derek, Brian G, Craig, Austin, Henry

Almost forgot to write this. I had a good day of rolling but didn't feel very strong or aggressive.

I had my very tough rolls with Henry and Derek. I was a little more relaxed with both of them than usual.  I think it helped and I need to find a happy medium of how much energy I use during different parts of the roll.

I did a lot of coaching through the other rolls and gave a few peaks into things that I do or techniques that other people catch me with.  Brian said that he appreciated it which is nice to hear as I also want to avoid being patronizing.

All in all it was kind of a blah day. I'm questioning if I should continue using waiter sweep as it seems to be putting me into leg lock positions with people known to do those techniques. The shin sweep may be the more valid attack for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment