Sunday, November 20, 2016

November 19th 2016 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Tyler, Bob, Conan

Tyler: Another complex roll with Tyler. More than a few times I feel like I'm past his guard and he's able to wedge a knee in, then I have to start over or deal with his DLR to berimbolo. I'm looking at that as a new challenge to learn how to defend it.

Bob: Spent the majority of open mat with Bob. We went over clock choke from turtle and took it from there with different contingencies from turtle to side control usually asking what I'd do or if he did something well.

We then worked on fit ins and throwing with tia toshi.  I'm working on my posture, looking at the watch, stepping into the top of the triangle. I may try to drill this at home.

Conan: It was a standard roll between the 2 of us. I spent some time on the bottom of side control where he pinned my wrist and crossfaced me with his body.

We discussed this a bit after how I can take my time to defend side control against people that I'm not as worried about submitting me. But with someone as good or better than me I'll get into trouble waiting for my moment. I determined that I should start escaping side control earlier and use some energy up front to prevent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment