Thursday, November 3, 2016

November 3rd 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Standing Guillotine Defense to Von Flue, Half Guard with Underhook: Take the back, Regain Guard
Partner: Ben

Before starting class I went over some posture control from closed guard with Daniel.  I think I gave him a few pointers that I like to use while playing closed guard.

Apparently my left shoulder is better at Von Flue than my right.  Ben kept saying I was choking a lot better on that side.

Ben noticed that I was going for the RNC during the transition to back mount instead of securing the position first and then going for the choke.  I helped him work through that to and we figured out that you kind of let them fall into it as you are hip escaping. 

Rolling: Half Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Ben, Frank, Daniel

Had some good rolls from half guard and tried to be as diverse as possible and attempt some different things.  I made it to deep half a few times and was able to use the shin sweep effectively.

From the top I avoided the hip switch and wanted to transition to x-pass or smash pass more.

Office Hours Partner: Frank

He asked about possibilities to defend my x-pass setup to which I showed some de la Riva.  Greg saw us working on it and asked if I was becoming a DLR guy kind of excitedly which makes me wonder if I should dabble in it a bit more.  Most of what I know about it came from Alejandro.

No comments:

Post a Comment