Wednesday, November 16, 2016

November 16th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Headlock Defense Leg Over Head, Lap Belt Turn-Over: Side Control, Back Mount
Partner: Tom, Jordan

Once again don't have much time to write today and will give my take on the techniques of the week tomorrow.  One thing that Jerad brought up during the turnover from turtle was you can go in 2 directions either direct to the side or in a circular motion.  I believe I've seen Ryan Hall demonstrate this in his back take dvd. 

Rolling: Turtle
Rolled With: Jerad, Tom, Jordan

Had to leave early today due to a meeting at work so I only got to do some rounds of turtle.  I remember writing in this blog at one time that turtle gave me a lot of trouble but lately I'm feeling pretty good about top and bottom.  The front head lock position is another story...for now. 

Probably the biggest thing that I worked on today was to try to setup the RNC or collar choke during the transition of taking the back.  It worked a couple of times but I think I need to ask Greg about things to do to recover from them grabbing your choking hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment