Wednesday, November 9, 2016

November 9th 2016 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: O-Soto Gari, Half Guard Knee Slide Pass, Granby Roll from Turtle
Partner: Ben, Tom

Had a good session today but not a lot of time to write so I'll talk more about techniques of the week tomorrow.  Jerad had us do the o-soto a little differently by making them step forward to help off balance them.  I got to show off my granby skills since Jerad's neck is bothering him a bit.  We both hit on that a huge part of the technique is believing that you can do it with someone on you giving you pressure.

Rolling: Turtle Up/Down/Out
Rolled With: Ben, Tom

Had some great turtle battles and was surprised a few times by both of them.  My strategy from the top was to get to the back after getting some grips.  One of the big parts of this is that the bottom leg is the more important hook to get in.  From bottom I spammed trying to granby every time and got it a few times but had to resort to half guard the other times. 

De La Riva came up at one point and Jerad showed us some details to the back step pass that I kind of liked and didn't know about.  I may look into this further although not many people at the school play DLR.

Office Hours Partner: Tom

We worked on some cross and spider guard and I showed him the lasso version of the shin sweep which I prefer to the spider guard version.  We rolled a few times where I used the lasso and a modified cross guard a few times.  


No comments:

Post a Comment