Wednesday, January 11, 2017

January 11th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Triangle Setup
Partner: Tom

Work has been hectic again lately so I missed Tuesday and showed up late today.  I heard they worked on heel hooks yesterday in no gi so I'm very disappointed.  I'll keep this short as I'm writing it late and I have more work to do before bed. 

I'm feeling great as of late with my kazushi in throws.  At least a little somewhat competent.  Jerad had us do regular fit ins and then walk down the floor to create some momentum to setup the throw.  I feel good about drilling triangles but still have some work to do with attacking triangles in rolling. 

Rolling: Loose Triangle Position, Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Tom, Chris, Frank

Which is what we got with our first round of rolling.  Jerad had us start with a loose triangle.  A little unfair for the person on top but great training for maintaining and finishing the triangle.  Finishing them is getting better but what has really been good lately has been my transitioning from a failed triangle. The thing I'm most proud of today was a really smooth spiral armbar setup from side control. 

Office Hours Partner: Jerad, Tom

Had a heck of a roll with Jerad and went into with an attitude that my techniques are going to work.  That little shift in belief helped I think or I just had a good day because I avoided Jerad getting to dominant positions.  This is something I need to think more about and may post about more in the near future.  Had a good roll with Tom too.  Jerad and I both commented on his mount defenses.

No comments:

Post a Comment