Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 5th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Head Lock Escape to Back Mount, Kneeling Guard Break to Knee Slide
Partner: Bhuvana

Worked on some finer points of standing guard break with Bhuvana.

  • Turning the elbow slightly during framing helps with pressure 
  • During the knee slide move the elbow and knee together and allow no space for them to get the underhook 
  • Pull on their sleeve to your hip as you slide your knee out.


Rolling: Closed Guard
Rolled With: Jess, Justin

I rolled with both of them during and after class.  They both are on the aggressive high pressure side which is what I need.  There were a couple times when my guard became compromised and I had to turtle.

Hit a couple of sweeps that I was happy about.  Went for an cross guard omoplata and was stood up on, so I went for a star sweep and focused on getting my posture right away, felt great.  I think the funk roll might be a safer approach.  The other was a shin sweep from half guard.  I also had success from crucifix and was able to use the armbar with the legs.




No comments:

Post a Comment