Thursday, January 12, 2017

January 12th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Triangle Setup
Partner: Ben

Some tips on the techniques

  • Koshi Guruma: Kazushi has been my focus lately with these throws.  The combination of stepping in, pulling up on their elbow, and pulling in their collar all at once helps put them into a place to throw them.
  • Triangle: One of the big things that seemed to help Ben was my explanation of ratcheting when I can't lock up the triangle.


Rolling: Closed Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Ben, Jess, Justin

Everyone did well with grip fighting today, I was able to work my way to stand to break the guard but not using the preferred method.  I was able to complete one triangle and attempted one during each roll.

Office Hours Partner: Justin

We rolled once and then discussed maintaining guard.  Sometimes it's better to hip away and make space rather than try to hang on to something that isn't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment