Saturday, January 14, 2017

January 14th 2017 - Open Mat

Open Mat
Rolled With: Clint, Daniel, Jerad, Craig, Mo, John
Game Plan: Z-Guard, Crucifix

Clint: Showed Clint some of the Z-Guard stuff I've been working on before we rolled.  Then pulled it off a few times during our roll.  Afterward I gave him some pointers from side control on converting their underhook into a kimura.

Daniel: After we rolled he gave me some compliments on my off balancing in half guard.  Personally I feel like his defense is getting a lot better recently.

Jerad: Toughest roll of the day.  Wasn't able to put much of an offense together against him today.  I was able to escape his mount once though.

Craig: His guard is getting more difficult to pass.  Something that we talked about after was when he's about to be passed he tries to hang on too long when he should hip escape or turtle.

Mo: He complimented me before we rolled on being a good partner for lighter people.  There were a couple of times when he was on top and was doing an interesting setup to get my arm in kimura position.

John: We went no gi and there were some good leg lock and back take exchanges.  Probably the highlight of my day was when I went to x-guard from a failed butterfly sweep.  From there I stepped over to his hip to situp the heel hook.






No comments:

Post a Comment