Friday, January 13, 2017

January 13th 2017 - Gi All Levels

Theme & Techniques: Koshi Guruma, Triangle Setup, Mounted Triangle
Students: Morgan, Craig, Jesus, Jess, Matt

Had everyone partner up and we did some grip fighting during the warm-up.  We had odd numbers so I jumped in to partner up on the throw.  Helped Matt with the stepping and mostly his foot placement.

Felt good about how I explained the triangle and showed some tricks that I use being a short leg guy.  I think they appreciated my ratchet technique but who knows.  I then offered up the bonus technique of mounted triangle saying that this is how I first started completing triangles and threw the armbar in as a bonus bonus.

Rolling: Triangle Position, Closed Guard, Free Rolling
Rolled With: Jesus, Matt, Morgan, Craig, Jess

Used Jared's idea of starting from the triangle position.  It really shows that you can still have a long way to go to finish even if you get to the position.  I did feel a little more giving today during rolling, being the instructor does that I think.  I helped people finish triangles on me and gave them tips to escape mine.  Rolling felt good today and felt like I could flow pretty well.  I allowed myself to be put into a couple of bad spots so I could work my way out of them.  I tried to get to crucifix a few times but nothing today, may focus on that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment